Question: Where do we meet on Friday Night, Saturday and Sunday?

Answer:   At 6:00pm Friday night, enter the (front) main doors at NBCC, 1234 Mountain Road Moncton, and we will guide you to the classroom. Keep in mind you don’t need any riding gear for the classroom portion. At 8:00am on both Saturday and Sunday we are around the back of the building. See HERE a map with our location.

Note: As a part of our COVID-19 plan, our classroom session has been moved on-line using Zoom. We are disappointed with this as our “in-person” classroom sessions have been very interactive and effective. We feel our Zoom sessions are more appropriate at this time. 

Our clients will receive an invitation with a link to attend our on-line session on either Sunday night or Monday before the scheduled session. Please do not delete this e-mail until you have attended the course. Like the classroom, our online session begins Friday at 6:00pm. However we ask that you log in at 5:30pm to familiarize yourself with the software. Click HERE to install Zoom. It is recommended to install Zoom on whatever device you plan to use for the classroom session, then close Zoom. Re-visit the link provided in the e-mail. This will re-open the new Zoom app and start the classroom session. More info on this will be provided in the e-mail.

We look to return to the “in person” classroom sessions as soon as practical.

Question:  How long is the Beginner Motorcycle Course?

Answer:  We start with the 3 hour classroom portion on Friday night. Then we have two full days on Saturday and Sunday. The course is 20 hours in total. Unless we are behind schedule, we typically give you one hour at lunch on Saturday and Sunday.

Question:  How hard is it to pass the Beginner Motorcycle Course?

Answer:  Not hard at all. We have had fantastic success with this course and we are very pleased with our pass rate and the quality of our students we have graduated. We have designed the exercises to keep students moving. One of the reasons for our success has been the seat time we have been able to our offer our students. Keep in mind, while many feel this course is not difficult, we have a distinct level of proficiency needed from all of our students to graduate. We recognize our responsibility to produce safe riders. See HERE for information on our government approved “Beginner Course.” 

Question: What do I need to bring to the Beginner Course?

Answer: You need an approved helmet, boots that cover the ankle (some steel toe boots can make it difficult to shift gears), a pair of leather full fingered gloves, at least a denim jacket and pants, and eye protection. You would be wise to also bring sunscreen and a bottle of water. Keep an eye on the weather. We run the course even when it is raining. We supply the motorcycle. See our assortment of our bikes HERE.

Question: Do I need a motorcycle license to ride a 3 Wheeled Motorcycle?

Answer: If you have a motorcycle license, you are clear to ride your 3 wheeler out on the roads. Can-Am Rykers and Spyders require techniques that are as unique as the machines themselves. Because of this, taking this course would be an advantage to the experienced motorcyclist. If you do not have a motorcycle license, you must either begin the Learner’s License process to get your motorcycle license, or begin the specific Learner’s License program in place for 3 wheelers. Keep in mind this 3 wheel endorsement does NOT qualify you to ride a motorcycle. See HERE for information on our highly successful “Learn to Ride Three Wheels” Course.

Question:  How many tests are involved in getting your motorcycle license in New Brunswick?

Answer:  We get this question a lot, so we have a page dedicated to explaining this process. Click HERE for our explanation of the steps to get your license in New Brunswick.

Question:  What are the restrictions of the Motorcycle Learner’s License?

Answer:  In a nutshell: You cannot carry a passenger. You cannot pull a trailer behind your motorcycle. You cannot ride at night. You must have a blood-alcohol level of 0.00 at all times. See HERE for more details from the province.

Question:  What size motorcycle can I ride with the Motorcycle Learner’s License?

Answer:  The information provided HERE, on the province of New Brunswick’s website indicates that the expansion letter endorsement “H” is for learner’s license holders for motorcycles with less than 550ccs, and expansion letter endorsement “I” is for graduated license holders for ALL motorcycles. It is our understanding that applicants are asked which motorcycle they intend to ride and are issued the appropriate endorsement at SNB (Service New Brunswick).

After 12 months, following the completion of the “on-road” un-restricted motorcycle test with SNB using a motorcycle with less than 550ccs, you will be issued the small motorcycle license with the expansion letter “D“. If using a motorcycle with more than 550ccs during your “on-road” test, you will receive the big motorcycle license with the expansion letter “A” upon completion. To explain expansion letters further; if you have an existing license (for example a car license) you will be given either a Class 5A or Class 5D license, depending on the size of the motorcycle. If you do not have any other form of license, you will have earned either the Class 6 or Class 6D after your road test with SNB.

Question:  How long will the Learner’s License be good for?

Answer:  It is our understanding that if you have no intention of riding in conditions requiring a full license, you can hold onto the graduated license as long as you want. Keep in mind this is a risk. It is also our understanding that if you are found in violation of your restrictions, you will have to repeat the whole process over again, including both paying for, and taking another beginner riders course.

Question: Do you have any tips to pass on, before taking my full, unrestricted motorcycle test with SNB?

Yes, we have a few. See HERE for more info.